Positioning associations to deliver value
Riverhorse helps associations deliver more value, more consistently.
Typically, an association exists to promote or protect the interests of a particular group. Its purpose could be public protection through regulation and enforcement. It could be training and education, certification, enhancing a profession's reputation or ensuring everyone is playing by the same set of rules.
Membership may be optional or mandatory
Optional associations, such as the Certified Management Consultants and the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, need to be very focused on delivering value. But even when membership is mandatory—as for real estate agents, investment advisors, doctors, accountants, or lawyers—an association benefits when members feel proud to belong and support its mandate.
We can help you develop a vision and plan that your members with different backgrounds and needs can embrace. We help associations deliver more value with:
- Research to determine what members value and how well their association is delivering.
- Strategic planning that prioritizes and allocates scarce resources to deliver the greatest benefit to the greatest number.
- Branding to position an association to appeal to its most important stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Engagement that aligns employees with members' needs and interests.
We are proud to have worked for a number of associations of many types and sizes, including:
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Central Service Association of Ontario
- Consulting Engineers of Ontario
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario (formerly Hospice Association of Ontario)
- Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario
- Ontario Community Support Association
- Ontario Kinesiology Association
- Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA)
- Royal Canadian Golf Association (RCGA)
- Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation